|Image adapted from Geoscience Australia,|
The Australian Government.
In the previous week's Queensland Health Statewide Communicable Disease Surveillance Report it looks as though we have a slight uptick in laboratory confirmed influenza cases so far this year (this is in total numbers, not proportions of samples tested, so take the value with a grain of NaCl) compared to the year-to-date totals for 2013 and 2012 in Queensland Australia.
As of the the 13-Jan update (data from 12.1.2014)
- 106 case notifications in 2014
- 73 cases by this time in 2013
- 41 cases by this time in 2012
- 144 cases by this time in 2011
- 21 cases by this time in 2010
- 12 cases by this time in 2009