The following is a summary of key numbers, after translation via Google.
- There have been 6,671 (+191 since last week) reported suspected diagnoses of microcephaly since some unspecified date in 2015
- 4,293 (+25; 64%) remain under investigation
- 2,378 (+166; 55% of those under investigation) cases have been investigated and classified
- 907 (+44; 21% of those classified, 14% of all reported) have been confirmed as microencephaly diagnoses
- 122 (+28; 13% of confirmed microcephaly cases; 2% of suspected cases) have been laboratory confirmed as Zika virus infections (PCR or serology but no specifics on which or whether mum/foetus/infant/samples etc)
- 1,471 (+122; 60% of those investigated, 22% of all reported) have been discarded