The following is a summary of info after translation via Google.
- There have been 6,158 (+249 since last week) reported suspected diagnoses of microcephaly since unspecified in 2015
- 4,231 (+9) remain under investigation
- 1,927 (+240; 46% of thse under investigation) cases have been investigated and classified
- 745 (+104; 39% of those investigated, 12% of all reported) have been confirmed
- 88 (+6; 12% of confirmed microcephaly cases; 1% of suspected cases) have been laboratory confirmed as Zika virus infections (PCR or serology but no specifics on which or whether mum/foetus/infant/samples etc)
- 1,182 (+136; 61% of those investigated, 19% of all reported) have been discarded
|Notified and confirmed microcephaly diagnoses by municipality, Brazil.|
|Population density in Brazil by State, 2014.|
My thanks to Jorge Pontual for the early alert to the release of these MOH reports.