The following is a summary of info after translation via Google.
- There have been 6,480 (+322 since last week) reported suspected diagnoses of microcephaly since some unspecified date in 2015
- 4,268 (+37) remain under investigation
- 2,212 (+285; 52% of those under investigation) cases have been investigated and classified
- 863 (+118; 39% of those investigated, 13% of all reported) have been confirmed as microencephaly
- 94 (+6; 11% of confirmed microcephaly cases; 1% of suspected cases) have been laboratory confirmed as Zika virus infections (PCR or serology but no specifics on which or whether mum/foetus/infant/samples etc)
- 1,349 (+167; 61% of those investigated, 21% of all reported) have been discarded
|Notified and confirmed microcephaly diagnoses by municipality, Brazil.|
|Population density in Brazil by State, 2014.|
My thanks to Jorge Pontual for the early alert to the release of these MOH reports-and the chats about them.